Brighten a dull living room by working yellow into the palette. This warm, versatile color adds an instant ray of sunshine to any space and is easy to incorporate into your current color scheme.
Here are few tips to keep in mind while choosing YELLOW colors:
1. Paint isn’t the only way to get the benefits of yellow in a living room.
Bold yellow striped sofa, pillows or colorful glassware decoration objects can leave plenty of attention for achieving punch of color to the room.
2. Draw inspiration from nature when choosing yellows for a color palette.
For more nature inspiration, consider the yellows of daisies, tulips, sweet corn, wheat, fall leaves, or goldfinches.
3. This predominantly two-tone color scheme updates the classic yellow-and-blue combo to give it a fresh twist.
A neutral beige sofa and room elements lets this colorful yellow-blue pairing keep all the attention.
4. Gold accents in combination with the Yellow color, introduce glamour to the living room.
5. Combine sunshine yellow and a light sage to capture the light, breezy feel of a summer’s day.
The yellow walls lend subtle background color that lets the green accents pop.
6. Yellow can take on an elegant vibe when the tone is just a step or two up from white.
7. Lighter shades in subtle yellow-and-white patterns add interest to the white furniture without detracting from the star of the room – the bold painting.
8. Yield-light yellow will make visitors come to a full stop when you use it as a bold accent wall.
Graphic black accents weave into the scheme to emphasize the geometry of this modern space.
9. Use pastel yellow to emphasize the home’s peaceful qualities.
By pairing the yellow with other pastels, the room relies on pretty patterns to add contrast, giving romantic touch.
Tip: Be careful not to overdo pastels, or your room will start looking too cute.