For the people wondering what I actually eat day-to-day, this is it right here. When the weather is chilly, there is nothing more satisfying than a big hot bowl of cabbage soup with beef.
This meal really embodies my daily approach to cooking: simple as can be.
8 – 10 SERVINGS – 5 minPrep Time / 45 minCook Time / 50 minTotal Time
- 2 pounds Ground Beef (90% fat)
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 large head cabbage, chopped
- 4 bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Transfer ground beef and onion mixture to stock pot.
- Add garlic, cumin, cabbage, bouillon cubes, Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies, and water to the stock pot.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 30 – 45 minutes.
*Satisfying and keto friendly.
The ingredients used for this soup are low in carbs with a healthy balance of fat and protein. It’s a really filling, comforting meal, that doesn’t feel restrictive. It’s also insanely delicious. Healthy without sacrificing flavor, for the win!
The stuff plants crave! Electrolytes are actually a pretty big deal when you’re on a ketogenic diet. They can make or break your entire day. Low electrolytes can be the culprit for fatigue, headaches, muscle spasms, and nausea. If you are experiencing the dreaded “keto flu”, have a migraine that just won’t let up or getting leg cramps, throw an extra bouillon cube (or two!) in the pot. Sodium is your friend on keto and this cabbage soup recipe just might turn your day around.