Healthy delicious meal with salmon and rice. Perfect idea for your lunch or dinner.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 60 g salted butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube crumbled
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup tasty cheese shredded
- 1 canola oil spray
- 415 g canned red salmon drained flaked
- 1 tomato ripe thinly sliced
- 1 tbs parsley finely chopped
Preparation (Ready in 1 hour)
- Cook the rice following the directions on the packet, drain.
- Melt 30 g of the butter, add to the rice with the beaten egg. Mix together well.
- Melt the remaining 30 g of butter in a pan over low heat. Add the onion and crumbled stock cube, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and stir for another minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, gradually add the milk stirring until smooth. Return to the heat, continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from the heat, add the lemon juice and half of the tasty cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180C, lightly spray a 6 cup capacity square ovenproof dish with cooking spray.
- Press rice mixture into the base of dish. Evenly top with the flaked salmon and pour cheese sauce over mixture. Decorate with the sliced tomato and parsley. Sprinkle with remaining tasty cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Notes: Canned pink salmon can also be used.